Talk of “smart cities” seems ubiquitous these days, plus communities are experiencing pressure to prepare for a future that promises autonomous vehicles and fully connected infrastructure. Broadband is critical to the success of these new and forthcoming technological innovations. Participate in this session to better understand the kinds of broadband infrastructure needed for smart cities, and learn how communities can plan for smart infrastructure development.
Featured speakers include:
- Jean Rice (moderator), Broadband Development Officer, BroadbandUSA, National Telecommunications and Information Administration
- Dr. Brenda Bannan, George Mason University
- Josh Breitbart, Senior Advisor for Broadband, New York City
- The Honorable David Luna, Vice Mayor, Mesa, Arizona
- The Honorable Hans Riemer, Council Vice President, Montgomery County, Maryland
This event is generously sponsored by Crown Castle.