Ever wonder how a skid steer that weighs 7,500 pounds gets from its manufacturing facility in North Dakota to customers all over the country and the world? Or how attachments for a utility trencher are supplied to dealer networks coast-to-coast? And what does the condition of U.S. infrastructure mean for equipment manufacturers trying to compete globally?
Equipment manufacturers are recognizing Infrastructure Week 2018 with a Capitol Hill briefing about the journey that their whole products and components take from their facilities to customers, dealerships, and overseas networks. Panelists will detail the infrastructure challenges they face and how a transformative infrastructure package and freight transportation policy updates could help keep these products moving.
Remarks by Senator John Hoeven (R-ND)
- Moderator: Rob Puentes, Executive Director, Eno Center for Transportation
- Rich Goldsbury, President, Doosan Bobcat North America and Oceania
- Jason Andringa, President and CEO, Vermeer Corporation
- Ben McLean, CEO, Ruan Transportation Management Systems
- Kurt Nagle, President and CEO, American Association of Port Authorities
Please note: This event is in the U.S. Capitol Building (Senate Side, Room S115) – registration is required and ID must be presented to enter building. Plan to allow time for security.