Topcon Positioning Systems, leader in precision measurement and workflow solutions for the global construction and geospatial markets, presents The California Infrastructure and Technology Summit, Wednesday, May 9, in Pleasanton, Calif.
A select group of experts will present highlights of new technology that allow for the smarter and faster achievement of infrastructure goals.
Ray O’Connor, president and CEO of Topcon Positioning Systems, will deliver the opening remarks that will focus on the impact that technology is having on infrastructure creation and maintenance. His presentation will be followed by a panel of experts including:
- Professor Iris Tommelein, Professor of Engineering and Project Management in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at UC Berkeley, on Lean Construction
- Kate Fox Wood, Director of Infrastructure Policy for the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), on the direction of infrastructure policy at the federal government level and AEM’s policy-focused thought-leadership initiative, Infrastructure Vision 2050
- Cindy Ng, Director of UAV Marketing for Intel, on drone market technology’s contributions to agriculture and construction
- Sara Hodges, Director of Construction Business Line for Autodesk, on the Building Information Modeling (BIM) portfolio and its effect on the education and commercial sectors
- Brock Grunt, Executive VP of Operations for McGuire and Hester, on building challenges such as the severe pressure on highway construction in California
Media are welcome to attend the event, which will be followed by lunch and a demonstration of the industry’s most innovative technology. Get a hands-on look at positioning, measurement and mapping solutions including earthmoving automation, advance road resurfacing solutions, and new developments in robotic survey and mass data collection.
When: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 (All times are Pacific)
11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Panel discussion
12:15 p.m. Demonstration of unmanned aerial system (drone) followed by networking lunch with experts
Lunch – 5 p.m.: Equipment demos and interviews available (photography and videography welcomed)
5 – 7 p.m.: Barbecue, hosted by Topcon
More information about our infrastructure initiatives can be found at the following address: