Employees from Volvo Construction Equipment in Shippensburg, Pa., will advocate for increased infrastructure funding on the steps of the Capitol on May 15. They will be joined by members of Congress and the Highway Materials Group, to urge the White House and Congress to invest in infrastructure now.
Members of Congress will discuss the vital need for better roads, highways, bridges, ports and airports, and include;
- Ben Cardin, D-Md.;
- Jeff Denham, R-Calif.; and;
- Eleanor Holmes Norton, D-D.C.
Representatives from a diverse array of companies and associations focused on rebuilding America’s aging infrastructure will also talk about the impact of a strong federal investment on the thousands of people working in related industries, including;
- Diane Benck, owner and vice president of general operations of West Side Tractor Sales and chairwoman of the Associated Equipment Distributors;
- Rich Goldsbury, president of Doosan Bobcat North America and chair of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers;
- Michael Ireland, president and CEO of the Portland Cement Association;
- Craig Parker, executive vice president of Silver Star Construction and chairman of the National Asphalt Pavement Association;
- Robert Weldon III, president of Weldon Materials, Inc., and chairman of the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association, and;
- Roger Wentz, president and CEO of the American Traffic Safety Services Association.
The Highway Materials Group is comprised of 11 associations that strongly support increased investment in America’s surface transportation network.
Patrick Dunne, NSSGA Communications Director