Overview: BroadbandUSA’s Practical Conversations have showcased how cities and communities are using technology to solve local issues. Now, join us for the May webinar to find out how digital technologies impact all sectors of the economy including agriculture, small town main streets, and regional economic development. According to the FCC, 31% of rural Americans still lack access to fixed terrestrial broadband speeds of 25 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up. Increased interest in broadband is creating new opportunities leading service providers and civic leaders to find new models to expand rural broadband. We will explore three successful case studies and highlight best practices for successful rural broadband deployments. #TimetoBuild
- Wes McCart, Commissioner, Stevens County, WA
- Debra Hansen, Director, Washington State University, Stevens County Extension
- Bob Hance, President and CEO, Midwest Energy Cooperative
- Gina Shuler, Marketing Director, Home Telecom
- Moderator: Karen Archer Perry, Senior Policy Analyst, BroadbandUSA
Please pre-register for the webinar using this registration link. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Want to access past Practical Broadband Conversations webinars? Visit our webinar archives for past presentations, transcripts and audio recordings.