This roundtable is intended to bring together during Infrastructure Week 2018 critical stakeholders to discuss state coordination around achieving resilience of critical built and natural infrastructure in the ten-state Mississippi River Corridor.
Join the Mississippi River Cities & Towns Initiative (MRCTI), Delta Regional Authority, the American Society of Civil Engineers, The Pew Charitable Trusts, and FEMA as we outline the latest resources and approaches to making our infrastructure more resilient to disasters.
This roundtable will focus on the new multi-state option of the Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grant Program, the proposed Flooding Revolving Loan Fund, new innovations around funding infrastructure, opportunities from the omnibus spending bill passed in March, and plans to restore the built and natural infra-structure of the Mississippi River Corridor.
Presentations and Roundtable Conversation:
- Mississippi Rive Valley Infrastructure Economic Profile & Promise
- Frank Klipsch, Mayor of Davenport, IA, MRCTI Co-Chair
- Brian Henson, Chief of Staff, Delta Regional Authority
- Remarks by Congressman Garret Graves, United States House of Representatives, LA-6
- Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grant Multi-State Option 2018 Funding Cycle
- Kayed Lakhia, Director, Hazard Mitigation Assistance (FIMA)
- The state of our infrastructure as the physical platform of our economy
- Tom Smith, Executive Director, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Paying for Flood Mitigation: Funding Gaps and the Revolving Loan Fund
- Matthew Fuchs, Flood-Prepared Communities, The Pew Charitable Trusts
Organizers hope to coalesce with states around innovative funding solutions and approaches to infra-structure resilience. State federal affairs directors will have an opportunity to interact with presenters, ask questions, and engage on mutual steps forward to partner around building resilience capacities along the Mississippi River Corridor. The prime design with the Roundtable is to foster dialogue and discussions. Presentations are intended to provide a foundation of subject matter to pull from with the most time going toward active discussion.
- Colin Wellenkamp, Executive Director, MRCTI, (314) 657-3863, email@example.com
- Spencer Lucker, Director, Delta Leadership Institute, (202) 434-4871, firstname.lastname@example.org