THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT! But don’t worry – join us for the Facebook Live webcast starting at 12:00PM ET!
It’s #TimeToBuild. Join officials from Federal, state, and local elected government, corporate executives, and labor leaders as we formally kick off Infrastructure Week 2018 in Washington, DC!
Please join us on May 14th at the Presidential Suite at Washington’s iconic Union Station to participate in high level discussions on the state of America’s infrastructure, the prospects for future action, and how it matters to communities, workers, and our nation’s competitiveness on the global stage.
11:30 AM: Registration opens, light lunch served
12:00PM: Welcome and Opening Video
12:05 Opening Remarks
- Robert Slimp, Chairman and CEO, HNTB
12:10 The United State of Infrastructure: Business, Labor, and Building America’s Economy
- Terry O’Sullivan, General President, Laborers’ International Union of North America
- Neil Bradley, Executive Vice President & Chief Policy Officer, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Moderator: Marcia Hale, President, Building America’s Future
12:35 Competitive, Resilient, Secure: Infrastructure for the 21st Century
- The Honorable Brock Long, Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Mayor Steve Adler, Austin, TX
- Barbara Humpton, CEO, Siemens USA
- Paul Horgan, Head of North American Commercial Insurance, Zurich NA
- Moderator: Robert Puentes, President and CEO, Eno Center for Transportation and Nonresident Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution
1:20 Issue Spotlight: Funding, Finance, and Certainty
- Glenn Youngkin, Co-CEO, The Carlyle Group
1:30 Building a Rural Renaissance: Connecting America through Infrastructure
- J.D. Vance, Author, Hillbilly Elegy, and Managing Partner, Revolution’s Rise of Rest Seed Fund
- Mayor Mark Stodola, Little Rock, AR, and President, National League of Cities
- Anne Hazlett, Assistant to the Secretary for Rural Development, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Chris Jahn, Chairman, Council of Manufacturing Associations and President and CEO, the Fertilizer Institute
- Moderator: Tom Smith, Executive Director, American Society of Civil Engineers
2:15 Keynote Conversation
- Secretary Elaine L. Chao, U.S. Secretary of Transportation
- Moderator: Josh Bolten, President and CEO, The Business Roundtable
2:40 Closing Remarks
- Zachary Schafer, Executive Director and CEO, Infrastructure Week
This event is open to press. For press inquiries and to register please contact Abby Gardner at email@example.com.
This event is hosted by Infrastructure Week’s Steering Committee: