America’s future will be shaped by the infrastructure choices we make today. Our economy, communities, and families all depend on infrastructure. It gets us to work, our children to school, powers our homes and businesses, and ensures deliveries arrive on time. We rely on it every day to get water to our taps, to connect our phones and computers, and to keep us safe from natural disasters. The week of May 13 through 20, 2019, is observed as National Infrastructure week.
Metro is participating this year to expose and educate Los Angeles County youth to the career pathways that exist within the global infrastructure industry. Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Agency will manage $120 billion of capital projects over the next 40 years, representing the largest transportation capital program in the country. It is important, now more than ever, to invest in the future of Infrastructure, our emerging workforce.
Metro’s Infrastructure for the Next Generation Event will accomplish the following:
- Engage infrastructure industry professionals to create networking opportunities for students in grades 9-12
- Expose and educate students about diverse career paths and potential internship opportunities
- Enhance students’ communication and leadership skills
Partner with us:
- Host a booth at our event to share your personal career path story and any opportunities your organization offers youth
- Booth space for industry partners is limited, reserve your space today. Sponsorship fees are not required for this event
Together we will create an inclusive and interactive platform for students to ask questions and remain curious about pursuing a career in infrastructure.
For more information or to reserve space for your organization, contact Maria Meleandez, Manager, LA Transportation School, directly at . Thank you.