Celebrating Infrastructure Week 2019 with the ribbon-cutting of new intersection and drainage improvements in Fairfax, VA! Remarks will be delivered by leaders including:
- Martin E. Nohe, Prince William County Coles District Supervisor and Chairman, Northern Virginia Transportation Authority
- David L. Meyer, Mayor, City of Fairfax, and Northern Virginia Transportation Authority Member
- More to be announced!
- As a result of the completion of the Northfax project which broke ground approximately two and a half years ago, the community and commuters alike will benefit from the intersection improvements and drainage and storm water infrastructure improvements at this critical intersection in Northern Virginia.
- The Northfax Intersection will increase capacity, improve pedestrian mobility and safety, improve traffic flow and eliminate flooding in the intersection. As a part of the evaluation process for the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority FY2015-16 program, it was found the Northfax Intersection improvements are projected to save a total of 450,000 plus person-hours of delay by 2040.
- The project includes:
- Improving the intersection of Fairfax Blvd. and Chain Bridge Road.
- Adding turn lane improvements on all approaches.
- Installing four new traffic signals to improve vehicular and pedestrian mobility.
- Eliminating roadway flooding in intersection.
- Widening Chain Bridge Road to six lanes between Fairfax Blvd. and Eaton Place.