As communities across America work to better serve their citizens, many are looking to a blend of physical and digital infrastructure to improve outcomes in transportation, water, energy, and other built infrastructure systems. But what does it mean to be a “smart” city or region? This full-day summit convenes experts and practitioners from city and county government, public agencies and utilities, and the private sector to define “smart” infrastructure, the opportunities it offers, and the challenges posed by its implementation and governance.
Through a series of presentations and panel conversations, audience members will:
- Learn from leaders with experience implementing digital solutions and projects in the transportation, water, energy, broadband, construction and other sectors;
- Hear economic development leaders make the case for technology-rich regions;
- Get insights from experts dealing first-hand with how to fund and finance smart infrastructure,
- Discuss the critical role of cyber-security and data protection and how to secure digital and connected infrastructure systems;
- And, how to ensure that its impacts and benefits are shared equitably and governed democratically.
- Biju George, General Manager, DC Water
- The Honorable Randy Maluchnik, Commissioner of Carver County, MN
- Carlos Rivero, Chief Data Officer, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Denise Roth, Chief Development Officer, WSP USA and former GSA Administrator
- Robert Stalzer, City Manager, Fairfax, VA
- Aundra Wallace, CEO, JAXUSA Partnership
- Matthew Chase, CEO and Executive Director, National Association of Counties
- Clarence Anthony, Executive Director, National League of Cities
- Robert Johnson, SVP for Public Sector Investments, Hannon Armstrong
- David Ihrie, Chief Technology Officer, Center for Innovative Technology
- Victor Hoskins, Director of Economic Development, Arlington County, VA
- Phil Horvitz, Chief Technology Officer, Management Services Group, AECOM
- Lisa Brown, National Senior Director for Local Government and Municipal Infrastructure, Johnson Controls
- Robert Mazer, Founder, SmartCityWorks
- Christopher Rezendez, Founder, IOT Impact Labs
- Donald DeLoach, CEO, Rocket Wagon Venture Studios
- George Thomas, Global Director, Smart Infrastructure, Hatch
- And more speakers to be announced!
This event is organized by Smart City Works, the National Association of Counties, and the National League of Cities in partnership with Infrastructure Week.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Registration is free but required.