Changes in transportation infrastructure have the potential to dramatically reshape our cities and people’s daily lives. Exciting technologies like automation, connectivity, and electrification bring about many questions. Professionals like you have the opportunity to shape what’s on the horizon to achieve community goals. Join YPT-DC during Infrastructure Week 2019 to talk with AECOM leaders about New Mobility, Land Use, and Lifestyles. During this networking event, we will chat about the following questions:
- How will the emerging transportation modes change the ways people experience their communities? How will they change the profile of demand for public space?
- Where, and how, will people of all ages and life-stages choose to live if transportation time and costs are not limiting factors? What types of settlement patterns will New Mobility enable or encourage?
- What is the future role of public transit in our cities? Will young adults preference for non-car-dependent lifestyles drive the creation of livable, walkable urban centers?
- Will New Mobility require less road space for automobile movement and storage? Will there be an opportunity to reclaim some of the right-of- for other uses, such as public open space or affordable housing?
- What do the complete streets of the future look like, and how do they accommodate non-motorized modes, automated and connected vehicles, motorized scooters, high-capacity transit, and other advances in New Mobility?
Date: Thursday, May 16, 2019
Time: 5:30-7:30 pm
Location: The Dubliner – President’s Bar, 4 F St NW, Washington, DC 20001
Food will be provided.
A big thank you to our sponsor for this event, AECOM. To learn more about AECOM, please check out www.aecom.com.