From May 16-23, 2016, the 4th annual Infrastructure Week set a new standard for partnership-building, public engagement, and issue advocacy to push policymakers and other stakeholders to invest in America’s infrastructure.
- Nearly 160 Affiliates planned more than 70 events in 23 states
- Members of Congress from 39 states participated in the Week
- 87.5 million impressions on Twitter
- Extensive press coverage in national and local television, radio, and print news outlets.
- More than 4,500 letters written to over 1,500 elected officials
- Over two-thirds of the week’s events/programming and social media came from outside Washington, D.C.
- Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx leveraged Infrastructure Week to visit all 7 of DOT’s Smart Cities Challenge Finalist cities, holding events with mayors and local stakeholders.